[python-sybase] Segentation faults when connecting to SQL Server 2000

hopfgartner hopfgartner at rolmail.net
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:18:13 +0200

> Kevin> All I can suggest is that you use the _very_
> lastest FreeTDS
> Kevin> library.  The last released version had some
> rather nasty bugs
> Kevin> in it.

Ok, I've got the cvs-sources, build them, rebuild the
sybase-python package and run my scripts again.

> >> As soon as I have again the chance to connect to the
> SQL Server
> >> (it's at a customers place) I will paste you the exact
> message
> >> (something about threads and relesing a lock that has
> not been
> >> set).

Here we go:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sqlDumpTbl.py", line 143, in ?
    dump.dump()
  File "sqlDump.py", line 64, in dump
    obj_text = self.get_obj_definition(sp[0])
  File "sqlDumpTbl.py", line 31, in get_obj_definition
    self.sql_cursor.execute('SELECT name FROM sysobjects
WHERE id = ' +
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/Sybase.py", line
346, in execute
    self._unlock()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/Sybase.py", line
259, in _unlock
    self._owner._lock.release()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/threading.py", line 101, in
release
    assert self.__owner is me, "release() of un-acquire()d
lock"
AssertionError: release() of un-acquire()d lock

> Kevin> Ah!  I've run into this myself.  I'll dig up my
> patches that
> Kevin> re-work the Sybase module locking code that fixes
> it (though
> Kevin> I'm not sure if I'm just working around errors in
> the FreeTDS
> Kevin> LibCT implementation or unsafe assumptions that
> David Cole made
> Kevin> about Sybase's implementation).
>
> I am very keen to get the module working with FreeTDS.  I
> think the
> future of the module is largely tied to the success of
> FreeTDS.
>
> - Dave

I agree perfectly with you. Let me know if I can help.