[python-sybase] Problems running on Windows 2000

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
29 Nov 2002 21:49:42 +1100

>>>>> "chris" == McCafferty, Chris <Chris.McCafferty@DrKW.com> writes:

chris> Hi, I am encountering problems with sybase-0.35release that I
chris> probably ought to report.

chris> I install according to you instructions and the output seems ok
chris> (see below).  Unfortunately, when running through your example,
chris> python crashes at the point: db = Sybase.connect('DB_DEV',
chris> 'my_dbo', 'password') 'DB_DEV' is set up in my interfaces file,
chris> sybase.ini

chris> I get the error: python.exe - Application error The exception
chris> Priviledged instruction.  (0xc0000096) occurred in the
chris> application at location 0x0012ecc2

chris> Click on OK to terminate, etc.

Do you get the Cancel button which give you the opportunity to debug?

A stack trace would really help find this problem.