[python-sybase] FreeTDS + Sybase Module = MS SQL 2000

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
11 Jul 2002 19:14:36 +1000

Kevin> On 10 Jul 2002, Dave Cole wrote:
>> Thanks for putting the time into getting it to work.  With one
>> thing or another I have not been able to spend enough time on the
>> Sybase module of late.

Kevin> One thing: have you tested your modules with pymalloc?  The
Kevin> segfault on exit only seems occur when running against
Kevin> pymalloc.  I don't have the Sybase modules handy, so I'm trying
Kevin> to figure out if a double-free is coming from freetds or from
Kevin> the module.

I haven't tested with pymalloc as I just use the Debian python
packages for doing development.  If anyone else is able to do this for
me it would be very helpful.

If I build a special version of Python and configure like this:

        configure --prefix=$HOME/debug --with-pydebug

will it install files in any location other than the directory tree
below my home directory?