[python-sybase] Working on the next release

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
16 Apr 2002 23:35:51 +1000

>>>>> "Dave" == Dave Cole <djc@object-craft.com.au> writes:

Dave> The only way I can see to do this is to only allow a single
Dave> thread to operate on a connection at a time.  Before calling the
Dave> Sybase API I would store the PyThreadState with my connection
Dave> structure.  When a callback is performed by the Sybase API I
Dave> locate my connection structure and restore the associated
Dave> PyThreadState before bouncing the callback up into the Python
Dave> code registered for that callback.

Just a heads-up.

I have made the GIL modifications to the sybasect extension module and
things seem to work OK.  With the module compiled with threading
enabled I successfully ran the examples/timeout.py program triggering
a timeout callback.

Now all I have to do is implement cs_config() in the extension module
and convert Sybase.py module to used callback error handling.

At the end of this process I should have a module which works properly
with FreeTDS.