Re[2]: [python-sybase] installation problem of the Sybase module

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
04 Apr 2002 00:04:57 +1000

>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew McNamara <andrewm@object-craft.com.au> writes:

Andrew> Yes. While either LD_LIBRARY_PATH or -R will let you work
Andrew> around this problem, neither are really "the answer". Sybase
Andrew> probably should be naming their version of the library
Andrew> differently (but then, you may still have symbol name
Andrew> collisions).

>> Another option would be to link statically.

Andrew> Sigh.

The thing which most annoys me is I cannot seem to work out a scheme
which will allow the module to link with all of the open client based
products shipped by Sybase.

[thinks...]  Maybe I should have a look at the Perl modules for using
Sybase and see how the linking 6.023x10**23 products problem is
resolved there...