[albatross-users] ALbatross 1.33

Stefan.Stirzaker at health.gov.au Stefan.Stirzaker at health.gov.au
Thu Apr 6 09:50:39 EST 2006

Hi Andrew,

Sorry to bother you again. I've gotten further this time, seems I'm missing
somthing but not sure what.

 /bin/su -l albatross -s /bin/sh -c "/usr/local/src/bin/al-session-daemon
--pidfile=/var/log/albatross/al-session-daemon.pid
--log=/var/log/albatross/al-session-daemon.log start"

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/src/bin/al-session-daemon", line 26, in ?
    from albatross import simpleserver
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/albatross/__init__.py", line 9, in
?
    from albatross.context import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/albatross/context.py", line 12, in
?
    import cPickle
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.3/lib-dynload/cPickle.so: undefined symbol:
PyUnicodeUCS4_AsUTF8String

Stefan Stirzaker
Office of Health Protection
Surveillance Branch
Surveillance Policy & Systems Section
(02) 6289 4576

|---------+------------------------------------------->
|         |           Andrew McNamara                 |
|         |           <andrewm at object-craft.com.au>   |
|         |           Sent by:                        |
|         |           albatross-users-bounces at object-c|
|         |           raft.com.au                     |
|         |                                           |
|         |                                           |
|         |           06/04/2006 09:19 AM             |
|         |                                           |
|---------+------------------------------------------->
  |       To:       Stefan.Stirzaker at health.gov.au                                                                               |
  |       cc:       albatross-users at object-craft.com.au                                                                          |
  |       Subject:  Re: [albatross-users] ALbatross 1.33                                                                         |

>I'll try removing the pipe to null from init.d but the session daemon
isn't
>creating a log file at all in the specified directory.  Or do you need to
>create the file manually? I assumed it would create it if it doesn't
>exists.  As this is a new installation on a machine it doesn't already
have
>the file.

The daemon will create the log file, and at the very least, it should
contain a line like:

    Server starting at Thu Apr  6 09:18:10 2006

Because this is not happening, I would suspect a problem with the
init.d script, or the daemon does not have permission to write to the
log directory.

"Important: This transmission is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain confidential or legally privileged information.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error please notify the author immediately
and delete all copies of this transmission."