[albatross-users] <al-for> help!

John Abel admin at ccj-online.co.uk
Fri Oct 28 01:12:41 EST 2005

On 27 Oct 2005, at 15:30, Gabriel Cooper wrote:

> The code looks fine to me. I'd suggest printing out bookLinks and
> foundBooks in <al-value> tags just before the for loop to make sure
> it was what you thought it was. Perhaps it was modified somewhere.
> This idea is reinforced by the fact that the code itself works in a
> controlled environment.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Gabriel.

According to the command line, bookLinks contains:

['BooksOnline/perl4/index.htm', 'BooksOnline/networking/
index.htm', 'BooksOnline/unix3/index.htm',
'BooksOnline/albatross/index.html', 'BooksOnline/MySQL/
index.html', 'BooksOnline/unix3/index.html',
'BooksOnline/networking/index.html']

According to the web browser, it contains:

  ['BooksOnline/MySQL/index.html', 'BooksOnline/albatross/index.html']

foundBooks shows a similar discrepency, command line is:

{'BooksOnline/perl4/index.htm': 'The Perl CD Bookshelf,
v4.0', 'BooksOnline/networking/index.htm': 'The
Networking CD Bookshelf', 'BooksOnline/unix3/index.htm':
'The Unix CD Bookshelf, v3.0', 'BooksOnline/albatross/
index.html': 'Albatross Manual', 'BooksOnline/MySQL/
index.html': 'MySQL 4.1 Reference Manual',
'BooksOnline/unix3/index.html': 'The Unix CD Bookshelf,
v3.0', 'BooksOnline/networking/index.html': 'The
Networking CD Bookshelf'}

whereas the browser shows:

  {'BooksOnline/MySQL/index.html': 'MySQL 4.1 Reference Manual',
'BooksOnline/albatross/index.html': 'Albatross Manual'}

The output is consistent, in that it is always the same items that
get displayed.  I've tried viewing the page in Safari, and Camino,
with no joy.

Regards