[albatross-users] <alb-form> xhtml 'strict' conformance

Robert Fendt rmfendt at web.de
Tue Mar 29 01:10:29 EST 2005

Hi all,

I have a suggestion for a slight change of the behaviour of the <alb-form>
tag. Depending on what Context class one is using, hidden <input>-tags
containing __albform__ and/or __albstate__ are appended just before
closing the form.

Since in 'strict' XHTML putting an <input> tag directly inside a <form> is
illegal, I would suggest enclosing the tag with a <div>. Since the
contents are not rendered (they are hidden, afterall), the <div> produces
a box of zero proportions and therefore should not hurt (tested with
Gecko, KHTML and Opera engines, could anyone check on IE?).

What do you think? At the moment I have patched my albatross copy, but I
find that a sub-optimal solution (since I have to pin the package on my
system or it might be overwritten in the future, preventing it from
getting future bugfixes).

Regards,
Robert