[albatross-users] sessions vars question

Denis Toporov toporov at dataart.com
Sat Mar 12 04:18:16 EST 2005

Hello,

    it is very fun to work with server sessions in albatross.
    for example I have session variable 'name'
    I create local contex variable ctx.locals.name = 'username'
    Add it to session ctx.add_session_vars('name').

    And after it I felt myself relaxed about value stored in session
'name' variable.

    So I need this session variable value from time to time. I'm using
RandomModularSessionAppication.
    In my code I have method:
    def process_request(ctx):
	user.name = ctx.locals.name #(I dont sure that this is correct
way how to get session variable value)

    And actually this works. BUT if I add to browser request string
something like
    http://host/mypage?name='qqqqqqq'

    I have in my code that user name not 'username' any more, but
'qqqqqqq'.

    So I cannot belive that it could be so "secure" have server side
session vars.
    It's same to store session vars in input hidden fields in browser.

    What's wrong with it?