[albatross-users] al-for paging patch

neel at mediapulse.com neel at mediapulse.com
Mon Mar 15 11:25:08 EST 2004

I just came across a bug in the patch.  By some weird run of luck, I
never had the pagemenu op called last, so there was an issue where
sometime a paging button wouldn't work with a pagemenu display.  This is
fixed, and the patch updated.

Mike

	http://albatross.pseudocode.net/ for a demo
	http://albatross.pseudocode.net/paging_patch.diff.gz for the
patch
	The changes are against the latest (Feb 4th) dev ball.

What I've done: added support for firstpage, lastpage and setpage to
al-input and al-a.  I haven't tested al-a changes beyond the links being
built correctly - need to setup a server based session store to check
them so they don't work on the demo site.

I also added pagemenu to select, which lets a select box xset the page
to jump to as well.  I used pagemenu over setpage because having a
setpage button with a setpage argument caused namespace issues.

Last, I put in two ListIterator method, page() and pagecount(), which
return the page and number of pages.  All page related methods (page(),
pagecount(), and setpage) are 1 based and *not* zero indexed.  The
reason behind this is the value of the input on a sumbit button for
setpage is the value used to switch pages.  If it were zero based, your
button labels would be as well.

I look forward to comments and I'm ready to tweak away to address any
issues.

Mike