[albatross-users] Need some hints on: filling in a grid

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Tue Mar 2 09:47:16 EST 2004

>>- (this is a web problem more than an Albatross problem...) When typing in a
>>cell, the browser keeps "helpfully" suggesting possible completions in little
>>tool-tip-like boxes.  This is a HUGE PITA.
>
><input  type="text" ... autocomplete="off"  ... >

Ah yes - if in doubt, just extend the standards.

If I remember correctly, the XHTML spec says that boolean attributes
can essentially only be "turned on", and that all attributes must have a
value - in the case of booleans, the value should be the attribute
name (so, for strict XHTML, you have things like nowrap="nowrap"). To
fit in with the standards, the attribute would need a name like
"noautocomplete". I'm not convinced it's even the mark-up author's
problem to knobble insane autocompletion.