[albatross-users] Patch to 1.11pre2

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Thu Jan 8 06:19:22 EST 2004

> >---> ctx.req_equals() will return true for input type=image
> with only the
> >name given
>
> We record the input type - it might be possible to avoid the
> second test.
> I'll have to look at the code.

So the test would check the type is image, and look for name.x in that
case?  I'm not sure you can avoide a second test of some kind, but
adding in the type makes this safer from weird names.

> >* Allow multiple Cookie values to be set (Michael C. Neel).
> >

> Does it look like httpdapp could be fixed easily enough?

It's not as easy as mod_python, which already supported duplicate
headers.  I could just alter the request object.
httpdapp is using a dict for headers though out it's code, and since the
keys are the header names you can have two the same.

I hope you are looking at version two, which I reverted back set_header
and added in add_header; I didn't like changing the expected behaviour
of set_header.  So since there is a seperat add_header function for the
request object, you can set the httpdapp's request object to raise an
error when add_header is called stating that method is not supported-
until such time that the server code is revamped.

> >* ctx.add_session_vars() should create non-existent
> varaibles with value
> >of None (Michael C. Neel).
> >
> >---> Does just that now.
>
> I think I like the old behaviour better - raise an exception
> - it's saved
> my bacon on several occasions now, and makes debugging
> quicker. Setting
> to None feels too implicit/magical/perl-like. 8-)

When it was orgionally reported, it did nothing and raised no error.  I
didn't know if the exception was a quick work around and what was in the
TODO for later, or if that was to be permant.  Either way is better than
nothing ;)

> >* Second submission of form will return ctx.req_equals()
> TRUE for empty
> >fields (Michael C. Neel).
> >
> >---> I couldn't get this to occur on 1.11pre2, so I consider
> it fixed =)
>
> Yep... a year ago... 8-)

You guys have to be the only people I know who don't love to cross
things off a todo list =p