[albatross-users] al-input type="image" with variable src

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Thu Feb 26 00:28:13 EST 2004

> Andrew McNamara writes:
>   | This is something that albatross currently doesn't do,
> and it's been
>   | annoying many of us for some time. The solution is to
> extend Albatross
>   | to provide a mechanism to evaluate any attribute, so you could do
>   | something like:
>   |         <al-input type="image" al-src="foo(3,4)" />
>
> srcexpr="..." anyone?
>
> or maybe it should be expr="..."
>
>   * That matches <al-img>
>   * expr="" doesnt seem to be used for type="image"
> (according to the docs)

I'd opt for argexpr="'''src="food(%d,%d)"''' % (3,4)" so it would be
generic enough to use for any weird arg you may need to write, as cusomt
onclicks are common for me.  Unless the parsse can be written in such a
way that an al- pre fix is picked up like Andrew write.  Though al-
there might be confusing, I'd go with either: anything ending in expr or
(my preference) anything leading with an underscore:

	_src="'foo(%d,&d)' % (3,4)"

Mike