[albatross-users] Equivalent of PHP include

Sean Holdsworth sh at hob.cx
Tue Feb 17 04:24:23 EST 2004

First question to the list, and probably a really dumb one to boot...

I can't seem to find a simple equivalent to the PHP include directive.
I want to be able to insert the contents of a specified URL at some
point in a template, rather like a server side include. This is easy to
do using 'al-include' for a file but doesn't seem to work for a URL. I
kludged things by making a copy of the remote data in a local file and
using 'al-include'. I've also toyed with writing a macro to do this for
a general URL but it's such a simple thing to want to do I think I'm
missing something. Any clues appreciated.