[albatross-users] Plans for next release?

Fabian Fagerholm fabbe at paniq.net
Thu Aug 5 19:00:46 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 12:07 +1000, Dave Cole wrote:
> That all sounds quite exciting.  Will the license for SnakeSkin allow
> code to go in the other direction?  If some of the ideas prove to be
> very good I would like to have the option of migrating them back into
> Albatross.
>
> There are lots of ideas that we have for Albatross, we are just
> reluctant to disrupt what is already there for an unknown return.  As
> you rightly point out - we are mindful of disruption to existing long
> running project developments and are uncomfortable experimenting with
> that user base.

Just throwing ideas into the air here, but how about setting up a public
CVS (or similar revision control system) repository for development of
Albatross-based toolkits?

Object Craft could maintain the "Albatross" branch, which would have a
conservative release policy. The "SnakeSkin" branch, while not being
labeled as a development or unstable branch, would allow new features to
enter more quickly and would have a rapid release cycle. Any number of
development branches could exist for experiments and testing.

Would it be possible for Object Craft, Mediapulse and the Open Source
community (Debian in particular) to collaborate in this way?

--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe at paniq.net>