[albatross-users] pushing and popping

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Sun Sep 28 14:52:12 EST 2003

following some ofthe suggestions I received, I restructured how I'm handling
login.  for example:

def login_validation(self,context):

     # check for authentication
     authentication = login_authentication()

     if hasattr(context,'_albatross_authentication') and \
        authentication.validate_token(context._albatross_authentication):
         # token is there and validates.  Return to calling context
         return 1

     syslog.syslog("let's go to authentication")
     #need to go off and do login authentication
     context.push_page('login')

Application.validate_request=login_validation

overwrites Application.validate_request's method with my code login_validation.
  It's cool and that my code transfers controlled to my login page, I enter my
username and password and then, on submission nothing happens except and error
message telling me I have premature end of script headers.  It's not clear
what's going on because neither of my two display objects appear to get
executed.  I suspect I have some form of fault happening very early on and I am
puzzling on how to get a handle on the error.  Any suggestions?  Running the
script by hand at the command line and paying attention to network dumps aren't
helping.

On the other hand, maybe getting some sleep might help (up to early, up too
late, Mars is beautiful and has been all this opposition).

---eric