[albatross-users] New release?

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Sat Sep 20 22:57:49 EST 2003

>>>>> "Matt" == Matt Goodall <matt at pollenation.net> writes:

Matt> Dave, Any chance of a new release soon or at least a snapshot of
Matt> your source?

Matt> It's getter harder and harder to send patches as my code base
Matt> gets more and more out of sync with 1.10. I had to manually edit
Matt> the patch I just sent (produced by Subversion) to remove other
Matt> changes to these files, app.py in particular.

I have spent most of today getting everything ready for a 1.20pre1
release.

I want to include your new PageModuleMixin as I think it is the right
way to go.  It will break some code - probably a good thing though.  I
want Andrew to have a look at the new code before a final decision is
made.

Rather than import the page module you execfile() it.  This means that
all classes defined in the page module look like they are defined in
the __builtin__ module.  This causes problems if you ever place
instances of these classes into the session...

As we are trying to promote the use of an MVC approach, it might be a
good idea to discourage people from placing more than the most basic
glue code (no class definitions) in page modules.

I can think of at least a few programs I have written that this will
break :-).