[albatross-users] tamper-resistant authentication code

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Sat Sep 13 09:06:52 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 23:23, Eric S. Johansson wrote:

> It turns out that pwd.getpwnam won't work for beans on a Linux system with shadow passwords.

I had a similar problem a few years ago when trying to authenticate Zope
users against the Linux password database. In the end I created a
horrific hack and wrote a suid root script to do the password check ;-).

Is there a Python PAM module that you could use? Would it be any better
than SASL?

- Matt

--
Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd