[albatross-users] Re: Including EPS files in source tarball

Fabian Fagerholm fabbe at paniq.net
Fri Nov 21 18:25:44 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 00:28, Andrew McNamara wrote:
> I think I liked your previous suggestion - a separate "albatross-doc"
> package. In fact, maybe there should be an "albatross-doc-html" and an
> "albatross-doc-pdf" package? (But that sounds like a lot of work).

I must have expressed myself inadequately. The albatross-doc package was
always a separate *binary* package[0]. What I'm trying to avoid is
having several *source* packages. Everything is buildable from one
original tarball, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Compared to the twisty maze of dark corridors, all alike, that Dia made
me enter, producing separate -doc-html, -doc-pdf and (if deemed
neccessary) even -doc-ps packages would be no work at all. I had this on
my To Do -list anyway, and a lot of the work is already done.

I just need to get rid of Dia, and having the EPS's in the original
source tarball would solve that.

[0] In Debian, a binary package is what users install on their systems.
    The binary packages are built from source packages, which are the
    "upstream" source package and a Debian-specific diff which contains
    any changes to the upstream package, plus a debian directory with
    information for the packaging system (such as a control file for
    specifying the binary packages, the dependencies, and a rules file
    for building the package).

--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe at paniq.net>