[albatross-users] Exception: set_page() passing wrong number of parameters to page_enter()?

Sheila King sheila at thinkspot.net
Tue May 20 17:23:48 EST 2003

--On Tuesday, May 20, 2003 11:44 AM +1000 Dave Cole
<djc at object-craft.com.au> wrote:

> In a RandomPage application the browser controls which page the
> application will display.  The application just obeys the browser and
> loads the requested page.  ctx.set_page() does not make sense in this
> type of application.

I understand what you are saying here...except that it seems to me that
there is an exception. When someone submits a form, and makes a cgi request
to my application, then as part of the cgi process, I get to determine the
output to the browser. I may well choose to have a particular page of my
application be the output of the cgi process. In that case, set_page seems
to make plenty of sense to me?

Although I'm certainly willing to go along with, and understand that, this
simply isn't the way the Random page modules work. However, I'm having
problems with almost any method I try. Please see my other post to this
list tonight, on how the ctx.redirect('name') isn't working so hot for me.
Or maybe I'm just confused.

I thought I understood that page_display() was what got called when a page
was simply requested in the URL, and page_process() was used when a cgi
form was submitted. But it doesn't seem to be working that way for me.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/