[albatross-users] popview example from documentation

Sheila King sheila at thinkspot.net
Tue May 13 05:48:32 EST 2003

--On Monday, May 12, 2003 3:02 PM +1000 Dave Cole <djc at object-craft.com.au>
wrote:

> Sheila> I am able to view the individual messages just fine with IE
> Sheila> 5.0.
>
> Sheila> In Mozilla 1.3 it does't work at all. Clicking on the image
> Sheila> link to view the individual messages just returns me to the
> Sheila> list page, repeatedly.
>
> Odd.  The only time I have ever seen this is when I fiddled around
> with the application and started using an Application/Execution
> context class that assumed the session was somewhere else.

After thinking about this a bit more last night, it occurs to me that there
should be no "stored sessions" except in the Hidden input fields in the
forms? i.e. no cookies are used in example 1 of popview.py, it uses the
Hidden input form fields for maintaining state information?

So, if that is the case, how could the sessions be stored "somewhere else"?

I will work on this a bit more today and see what I can figure out. :\

> Sheila> Has anyone else encountered this behavior? It concerns me, as
> Sheila> I will soon be working on a project which requires session
> Sheila> management and login authentication, and cross-browser
> Sheila> compatibility is very important. So, I'd like to understand
> Sheila> what is going on here...
>
> Make sure that you place important values in underscore prefixed
> variables.  The request merging will refuse to place browser supplied
> values prefixed by '_' in ctx.locals.
>
> - Dave

Great. Thanks for the additional tips. I will keep them in mind.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/