[albatross-users] [Fwd: problem with static data members in templates ...]

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Fri Mar 28 09:23:58 EST 2003

> Seems I made a scripting error that caused the error described in my
> previous email.
>
> However my problems with the idea are not gone.  When the post
> request from the form arrives I get the error in context.py
> NamespaceMixin::set_value() described below.

The parsing of input field names when merging requests is deliberately
limited to the following:

        name          ::= identifier | list-backdoor | tree-backdoor
        identifier    ::= identifier (("." identifier) | ("[" number "]"))*
        list-backdoor ::= operation "," iter
        tree-backdoor ::= operation "," iter "," alias

This is from the documentation:

        http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/albatross/albatross/mixin-namespace.html

You could probably replace the:

        <al-input type="text" name="row[row.mFld.mVal.NAME]"/>

With:

        <al-input type="text" nameexpr="'row[%d]' % row.mFld.mVal.NAME"/>

This would make cause the template to generate input field with names
like row[0], row[1], etc.  The request merging will understand these
input field names.