[albatross-users] Renaming application and execution context classes

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Sun Jun 29 20:34:51 EST 2003

A long time ago Cameron Blackwood posted to this list complaining
(quite rightly) that the application and execution context classes
were badly named.  He made some suggestions here.

    http://www.object-craft.com.au/pipermail/albatross-users/2002-November/000166.html

I agree that the current class names could be improved but I cannot
seem to come up with anything really good.  Below is a table of the
current packaged classes and a new name suggestion.

If we do perform a rename the existing names will remain as aliases to
the renamed classes.

Can anyone think of a better naming scheme?

What are peoples' feelings about a rename?

- Dave

Current Class                   New Class
=============================== =========================
SimpleContext                   TemplateCtx
AppContext

SimpleAppContext                ClientSessCtx
SessionAppContext               ServerSessCtx
SessionFileAppContext           FileSessCtx

Application

SimpleApp                       ClientSessPageObjApp
SimpleSessionApp                ServerSessPageObjApp
SimpleSessionFileApp            FileSessPageObjApp

ModularApp                      ClientSessPageModApp
ModularSessionApp               ServerSessPageModApp
ModularSessionFileApp           FileSessPageModApp

RandomModularApp                ClientSessByURLPageModApp
RandomModularSessionApp         ServerSessByURLPageModApp
RandomModularSessionFileApp     FileSessByURLPageModApp