[albatross-users] setting value field

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Wed Jun 25 03:31:23 EST 2003

over the past couple of days, you ever patient folks have seen me butt my head
against various parts of albatrosson.  Here's another one.

In the Web interface, I use multiple buttons to trigger different events.  One
button toggles sorting order (ascending/descending), another triggers the
process for training which messages or spam or not spam.

The only button I do anything fancy with is the sorting order button.
Originally, I changed the value of the button to reflect the sorting order and
used the value of the button as state information when toggling to the other
sort.  Since the <al-input> tag doesn't seem to support variable values except
in special circumstances, I'm a bit hosed.

I'm also trying to puzzle out how to deal with page initial state versus page
after processing button results.  So far, I'm some some context.local variables
that come and go depending on whether or not it's the first time through the
page templates.

puzzled but still persisting,

---eric