[albatross-users] displaying two-dimensional arrays of data

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Tue Jun 24 06:33:44 EST 2003

I am a (very) new user of albatross and so far I'm reasonably impressed.  I'm
quite the curmudgeon when it comes to tools like albatross and I've rejected
most of them because they were either too primitive or too heavy.

"I'm rewriting the camram (antispam) Web interface using albatross because at 3
CGI's, I was %s in some %s duplication and % of HTML and print statements."
%("engaged", "horrible", "messes")

albatross looked like a good tool so, I'm giving it a whirl and rewriting the
first interface.  Unfortunately, I've hit a cognitive snag on one of the first
difficult points.

First question is if I'm displaying a two-dimensional array of data and input
mechanisms, is there any "official" way of doing this.  I've built a list of a
list and within the template, use a <al-for> loop to pull elements of of the
parent list and then decompose the element into its component pieces using
simple indexing (i.e. <al-value expr="line.value()[2]">.  This technique seems
rather awkward but I'm trying to make it work the best I can.

Second question is on the addition of JavaScript and style sheet elements to
HTML tags.  Specifically, I need to create a check box that looks like (and yes,
I do use the value and name):

<input type="checkbox" name="cbbc7b1bd5ae6cfd29" value="bc7b1bd5ae6cfd29"
onclick="CCA(this,'mystery');DownReset();" >

I am comfortable with mungohacking html if need be, I just need to know if I
need to.

--- eric