[albatross-users] al-for and Template frustration and confusion

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Fri Jun 20 17:59:29 EST 2003

>that iterobj, as shown above, must be some sort of object over which one
>can iterate. A list-type object should fit the bill here, yes? And then "i"
>is one object in the iterobj data-structure.

I also got caught by that when I started using albatross... 8-)

"i" is a ListIterator instance - it keeps track of your position in the
list-like object. In particular, it has methods .value(), which returns
what you are looking for, and .index() which return's it's index.

I'd tell you where to look in the doco, but I only have the new version
available. The information on the ListIterator object is under the
<al-for> tag's doco.