[albatross-users] mod_python / RandomModularSessionApp bug

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Tue Jun 17 14:53:52 EST 2003

>Whoops, so I spoke too soon; I think I have a solution.
>
>in apacheapp.py line 33, change the following:
>
>     def get_servername(self):
>         return self.__req.connection.server.server_hostname
>
>into the following:
>
>     def get_servername(self):
>         try:
>             return self.__req.connection.server.server_hostname
>         except:
>             return self.__req.hostname
>
>That appears to be working for me. Maybe that's been fixed in 1.10pre1;
>because I want to work with release software, I haven't checked.

No, it hasn't been fixed in 1.10 - we haven't tested with mod_python
3 yet. Looking at the doco, your fix seems like the right answer.
Essentially, mod_python 3 has done away with the "server" member of
the "connection" object (and, as you conclude, base_server is not the
same thing). I'll check your change in - thanks for looking into this.