[albatross-users] Simple random mode demo app

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Sun Jun 1 10:33:33 EST 2003

Hi all,

In a previous post I mentioned a simple Albatross test application that
I said I would make available. I used it to experiment so it's a bit
quick and dirty but it does cover:

      * Looping over data, changing the CSS style using a <al-lookup>.
      * Paging through a data set.
      * Using the tree tag to display a categorised view of what's in
        the test app.
      * Simple (I mean it!) session use.
      * Simple macro use.
      * Custom tags: one that inserts the current time, one that
        displays its content in a nicely coloured box and one that
        caches the content to disk for a period of time.

It's all very simple - Albatross does all the work.

The URL to play with the app is
http://mattgoodall.dyndns.org/~matt/albatross/test/ and you can download
the source code from
http://mattgoodall.dyndns.org/~matt/albatross/test/test.tar.gz. There is
a README in the tar.gz although it's very brief.

Hopefully, those URLs will be available but my kids do sometimes reboot
the machine into Windows to play games ;-). Try again later if
necessary.

Hope someone finds this useful.

Cheers, Matt