[albatross-users] Re: pre4 - Problems still ...

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Wed Jul 16 07:48:41 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 21:28, Sheila King wrote:
> But, even if I fix that problem, there are other errors I've found, such as
> expressions not being defined in the local context name space. Before these
> always took me to the default Albatross error page (which I've not tried to
> overwrite) with a nice traceback. When this happened, I KNEW that something
> in my code was wrong.
>
> Now it is not doing that. It is taking me to the expired session page in my
> application and the only way I can see the tracebacks for anything (it
> seems) is by sniffing packets.

I just tried this here by deliberately changing the name in an
<al-value> expr. Is that what you mean by "expressions not being defined
in the local context"? I get a traceback for a NameError exception as
expected.

I'm not sure what's happening for you but it might be worth
**completely** removing the albatross directory from site-packages and
reinstalling 1.10pre4. IIRC, you patched 1.10pre2 so maybe there is
something that 1.10pre4 setup.py didn't replace. This is pure
speculation but at least you will definitely know what's installed.

If it still fails after that could you isolate the error in a totally
trivial example and post it to the list. I'll _try_ to take a look if
Dave and Andrew are too busy although I can't promise too much - lots to
do myself.

Cheers, Matt

--
Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd