[albatross-users] Re: pre4 - Problems still ...

Sheila King sheila at thinkspot.net
Wed Jul 16 07:32:46 EST 2003

--On Tuesday, July 15, 2003 10:12 PM +0100 Matt Goodall
<matt at pollenation.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 21:28, Sheila King wrote:
>> I've installed Ethereal (<http://www.ethereal.com/>) and am trying to
>> learn how to use it to see the http response packets so that I can see
>> these errors you are mentioning.
>
> If you're using Mozilla you might find the LiveHTTPHeaders tool a bit
> more convenient than Ethereal. http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/
>
> If you're not using Mozilla then you should be ;-).

Thanks for the link. That looks quite interesting, and of course I'm using
Mozilla. Although technically I will need to test my app in many different
browsers before deployment. It does look like LiveHTTPHeaders may have some
debugging/testing functionality that I cannot (easily) achieve by other
means.

It looks like that LiveHTTPHeaders doesn't provide all of the content,
though? And I need to see the content to see the tracebacks, which lets me
know exactly what is wrong with the script. So, I guess it's ethereal for
now.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/