[albatross-users] Writing Headers

Sheila King sheila at thinkspot.net
Fri Jul 11 17:38:57 EST 2003

OK, I'm sufficiently confused about the new method of handling
headers to remark upon it.

In the application that I am working on (which I started with
Albatross 1.01), I needed to send custom headers of my own. Since
header handling has changed in 1.10, I need to fix my app.

But I'm going over the new documentation and getting a bit confused.

(P.S. you need to fix the copyright date in a lot of your files...as
it is only copyright 2001.)

Anyhow, I'm trying to fix this up, and the documentation seems to
have some flaws/omissions or something.

In section 7 (documentation for Mixins)
http://object-craft.com.au/projects/albatross/albatross/mixin-ref.html

there is no mention of the new ResponseMixin (this is a new Mixin
class, right?)
Also, when I try to look up in the documentation index the
"write_headers()" method, I go to "w" and
http://object-craft.com.au/projects/albatross/albatross/genindex.html
#letter-w

the "write_headers" method is listed there, but it is listed for all
the AppContexts from which it was removed? But it is not listed for
the new ResponseMixin class.

When I search the new .pdf document for "set_header" it only appears
in the schematic diagrams for the pre-rolled classes (Chapter 8)

Same with "write_header" except for one mention in Chapter 5 for the
Fake Application harness. Otherwise only mentioned in the schematic
diagrams of Chapter 8.

I sure would like to see some examples of setting headers so I would
have a better idea how I ought to use this. At least, what I mean is,
the documentation would be more complete with such an example. I'm
sure I will figure it out eventually by reviewing the source code and
experimenting, but it would be nicer if I didn't have to.

Anyhow, I will put this off until tomorrow. Am too tired to mess with
it any more right now.

Good night,

--
Sheila King