[albatross-users] Encrypting passwords in a session

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Thu Jul 10 11:03:34 EST 2003

Ramiro Brito Willmersdorf wrote:

> Most schemes I came up with involved storing an encryption

> As cryptography algoriths are things best left to professionals,
> I'm asking for suggestions here.

good: http://www.unixpapa.com/auth/
better: http://cookies.lcs.mit.edu/

It seems to me that this kind of problems is something that is very common and
destined to be reimplemented (poorly).  it might make sense to create a class
called Simple_authenticated_application (derived from SimpleApp) which gives one
the ability to be directed to a login template and do all the fun things like
timeouts etc.  I'll think about the class overnight and post suggestion in the
morning.

---eric