[albatross-users] Wiki example and related extension: iterate over ctx/session

Sheila King sheila at thinkspot.net
Tue Jul 8 14:39:42 EST 2003

--On Tuesday, July 08, 2003 2:29 PM +1000 Dave Cole
<djc at object-craft.com.au> wrote:

>> > I wonder what I would break in my current app by upgrading to the
>> > 1.10 prerelease right now. I do like David Cole's "kludge" a bit
>> > better, since it doesn't require me to override or change code in
>> > the basic albatross code. <shrug>
>>
>> Well, we'd like to know what will break so we can fix it before the
>> release... that's the point of a -pre, although you might not want
>> to use it in production. 8-)

I will consider it. My problem is that I am so new and somewhat inept at
Albatross, I'm likely to not know whether it is my code or the Albatross
pre-release that is broken. IOW, may not be of any benefit to you and much
confusion/frustration to me.

>> Dave's suggestion is pretty gross. I wonder if we should put a
>> session_vars() method on the context that returns a list of session
>> vars?
>
> Couldn't hurt.

More than that, I'd say it would definitely help.

I'm trying to use it as one would use a "debugger" to see, in my app, what
I have stored and set at each step. Not having the ability to do this makes
it much more difficult to keep track of what is going on. At least, for
those of us who are not wizards.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/