[albatross-users] [patch] fastcgi bug fix

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Tue Jul 8 09:57:19 EST 2003

>I don't know how this one got through (!) but I found a bug in the
>fcgiapp module.

Oops. I suspect this was my fault.

>At the same time, I changed the code to look up dictionary items using
>get() rather than [] which is a bit more robust.

I tend to prefer an exception is raised earlier than later (closer to the
source of the failure), but I'm not fanatical about it.

I've applied both fixes.

>How can we go about testing all these request adapters other than
>running them inside a web server? I guess it should be possible to spoof
>a straight CGI quite easily but the others are probably a bit trickier.

I guess we need to build a framework that looks like the fcgi one. The
existing tests aren't even comprehensive when it comes to cgi... 8-(