[albatross-users] AppContext.redirect_url() question

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Tue Jul 8 02:07:14 EST 2003

Hi,

Can anyone explain why the method in the subject is fiddling around with
uri paths? It looks like it's trying to cope with the situation when the
base uri and the request uri differ but I don't understand why and it's
probably not quite right, i.e. what happens if the two URIs do not match
correctly? When would the two URIs be different anyway?

Also, why does Albatross not make use of path info
(os.environ['PATH_INFO'] in cgi, req.path_info in mod_python; not sure
for BaseHTTPServer)? I think path info could simplify the parsing and
building or URLs which has been causing me a few problems today when I
popped a mod_python app behind a mod_rewrite rule :(.

I'm not being critical, just trying to understand things better.

Thanks, Matt

--
Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd
w: http://www.pollenationinternet.com