[albatross-users] check boxes again.

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Sun Jul 6 10:49:03 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 13:17, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
> but seriously Dave, please consider adding some form of option to allow for
> direct setting of checked or not checked (extension of checked attribute
> perhaps) and for listing all checkboxes.

Isn't this exactly the sort of thing the NameRecorderMixin could do? It
is already told about every input that is added to a form so it could
potentially track the values of inputs with the list attribute, pickle
that into the hidden form form field and use it again when merge_request
is called.

There are two problems I can see with this though:

      * For large forms, the amount of hidden data would increase
        significantly.
      * The state of the checkboxes is passed to page_process as a list
        of the checked values. That would probably have to change to a
        dictionary to pass checked and unchecked in the same structure.
        That's a nasty change to make :(.

Just my thoughts ... I may have completely misunderstood the
NameRecorderMixin's purpose.

Cheers, Matt

--
Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd