[albatross-users] Albatross 1.10 pre2 released

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Sat Jul 5 21:11:34 EST 2003

I have just packaged up the 1.10pre2 release of Albatross.  This
resolves the problems encountered in the 1.10pre1 release and includes
some very useful extra functionality.

The changes since 1.10pre1 are:

* Standalone BaseHTTPServer support.

* mod_python Request now works with mod_python 2 and 3.

* Python 2.2 features have been reverted to Python 2.1 equivalents.

* Reintroduced TemplateLoadError as subclass of ApplicationError.

* Nested <al-form> tags now raise ApplicationError.

* Added noescape to <al-input>, <al-img>, <al-select>, and
  <al-textarea>.

* Implemented lazy attribute expression compilation in all tags.

* Now using Python-2.3 for building documentation.

* Minor reformatting to be closer to PEP-8.

We are now including a summary of changes between releases in the back
of the manual.

    http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/albatross/albatross/changes.html

There still is no documentation of the FastCGI and Standalone
BaseHTTPServer support.  I will try to add some documentation for
these additions before the 1.10 final release.

Our intention is to make this the last pre release of 1.10.  This time
next week we will release the real 1.10.