[albatross-users] Comments on using examples...

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Sat Jul 5 19:51:01 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-07-05 at 09:14, Dave Cole wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback.  If people think that the above changes to
> the doctest samples make sense then I will change them.

Yeah, I think what Sheila says makes a lot of sense. I don't think I
have ever copy and pasted code from the documentation but the
interactive style code certainly makes it harder for me to read.

It might be a bit stupid sometimes but at first I prefer to write *all*
code myself using the documentation as a reference. I tend to find I
understand things better that way. That's the reason I dislike most IDE
let-us-do-it-all-for-you tools too.

Cheers, Matt

--
Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd