[albatross-users] multiple session support

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Thu Jul 3 22:27:16 EST 2003

>>>>> "Matt" == Matt Goodall <matt at pollenation.net> writes:

Matt> Does he mean multiple sessions or multiple browser windows
Matt> sharing a single session?

Matt> I'm not speaking from experience here but I cannot think of a
Matt> reason why multiple windows with one session would be a problem
Matt> for the server-side session management mixins ... that is,
Matt> provided that any file system access is using locks.

Multiple application windows can be handled by dividing application
functionality between those windows.

What can't be handled is multiple server side sessions associated with
the application pages from the same browser.

One day Andrew might publish his enhanced popview application which
makes extensive use of multiple frames (which is effectively the same
as multiple windows).