[albatross-users] impedance mismatch 1

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Wed Jul 2 22:50:56 EST 2003

Matt Goodall wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 01:44, Gregory Bond wrote:
 >..

fantastic explanations!  This brings to mind a few things:

1) we now have the start of a wiki section called "puzzled about?"

I'll try to take these explanations and put them into wiki pages so you can see
what I mean.

2) I think the documentation should have a section called "fundamental concepts"
in which it illustrates some of these fundamental bits of knowledge necessary to
understand the environment.  One picture, forming in my head, which may or may
not be useful to anyone would show the relationship between python code space,
context.locals, a template, and the final result.

python code    template   end result
   .
   .
   .

context.locals.xyzzy = "plugh"

         +==> <b><al-value expr="xyzzy"> </b>

                  +===> <b>plugh</b>

and it might be useful to spell out these kind of transformations for all cases
(or at least, many of them)

It would not be necessary to document all "fundamental concepts" in one place.
That would just overload the reader and not do anyone any good.  It would
probably be preferable to have a "fundamental constants" section before every
example that introduces a new concept or concepts.

---eric