[albatross-users] al-input type="image": internal bug/obscured traceback??

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Tue Jul 1 21:39:27 EST 2003

> but when I click on the image, I get:
> ----------- vv -----------
> Template traceback (most recent call last):
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/albatross/app.py", line 221, in run
>     self.merge_request(ctx)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/albatross/app.py", line 301, in merge_request
>     ctx.merge_request()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/albatross/context.py", line 279, in merge_request
>     text = self.request.field_value('__albform__')
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/albatross/cgiapp.py", line 26, in field_value
>     if isinstance(field, list):
> TypeError: isinstance() arg 2 must be a class or type
> ----------- ^^ -----------
>
> Which doesnt look like it's in my code at all. :-/ (or if it is, how
> to I get a real traceback or some more useful feedback?)
>

> Infact clicking on the submit button also generates the above error.
> Hmmm?
>
> Its probably a problem in my actual code, but it's kinda hard to find
> it with the above traceback (which makes it look like an albatross
> internal problem). ??

As you quite rightly point out in a subsequent message this is a
problem in Albatross.  Looks like a 2.2ism sneaked in there.

Andrew and I discussed which level of Python we should target now that
1.5.2 is a distant memory and we settled on 2.1.

We need to fix this for the 1.10pre2 release that I hope to get out
before the end of the week.

If the 1.10pre2 goes well we will rerelease it as 1.10 and announce
it outside of this list.