[albatross-users] al-values inside al-input

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Fri Jan 31 10:29:46 EST 2003

Remember you are not required to use the al-tags, I do find that
sometimes a standard tag can do something better than trying to force
the toolkit to do it.  For example have a form submit to anther
albatross form (i.e. new page object) is cumbersom with a forced action
tag in al-form, but not with the normal form tag.

If you really want the below, you could just use a normal input tag:
   <input name="username" size="30" value="<al-value expr='username'>">

Although the using of the expr argument is likely the best (allthough if
username is defined in ctx.locals, you don't even need that).

I think the choice to not allow nesting al tags is a good one, this is
not perl after all.

Mike