[albatross-users] Random pages and application model

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Sat Feb 22 01:56:16 EST 2003

>Page_display() is called to display a page (der!) and may not
necessarily be
>called in conjunction with anything else (e.g. if the user hits
"refresh").

>When the user submits a form, then page_proces() is called.  If
page_process()
>calls set_page(), then page_leave() and page_enter() will be called.
But it
>is perfectly valid for page_process() not to change the current page,
in which
>case page_leave() and page_enter() will not be called.

Is this correct?  In my time with Albatross, it seemed that page_process
and page_display were called for every request, submission or no.  I've
never needed beyond the SimpleApp, so that might have something to do
with it.  I haven't yet figured out what the other page methods offer
that is not doable in SimpleApp (not the session mixins, just the page
mixins).

Mike