[albatross-users] Axe - Albatross Extensions

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Tue Feb 18 08:15:39 EST 2003

Fans of Albatross,

	A co-worker (Daryl) and I have created a library of custom tags
to albatross, and created a sourceforge project to house it.  It has
some tags to help working with albatross and an SQL database, as well as
a few tags that will generate Javascript to validate a form.  We have
some basic documentation done, and a tarball release over at the SF
site, http://axe.sourceforge.net

	At some point it may make sense to merge these tags into
Albatross itself, however I feel at this time it does not.  Big reason
is the object craft guys don't need more work as they are working on
Albatross itself, and the second reason is I'm not convinced these
highly tailored tag. should be part of the set of standard tags.  Of
course if the community sees it differently, I'm not going to stand in
the way <g>.

	This is Daryl's and my first venture into creating a python
module for distribution, so we are welcome to any input.  We've tried to
follow what I've seen to be the norm so far, but I'm sure there are
areas we can improve upon, and welcome all feedback.

Thanks,
Mike