[albatross-users] mod_python/ apache2

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Wed Feb 5 02:53:11 EST 2003

I'm transferring site from an OpenBSD box using apache 1.3/mod_python
2.7.8 to one using FreeBSD/apache 2.0.44/mod_python 3.0.1. I'm getting
some awfully strange behavior... I implemented the ctx.redirect patch
that was posted to the newsgroup, and have followed the discussion
about the ctx.locals and globals, but am not sure if that is my issue.

I have verified that mod_python is working correctly and I get log
messages stating that mod_python has imported my handler code. I wasn't
getting anything in the browser, so I fired up Lynx and this is what I
saw:

Looking up dev.norwood.org first
Looking up dev.norwood.org
dev.norwood.org
Making HTTP connection to dev.norwood.org
Sending HTTP request.
HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Data transfer complete
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently

lynx: Start file could not be found or is not text/html or text/plain

That's with my handler like this:
def handler(req):
     return app.run(Request(req))

If I have the handler looking like this:
def handler(req):
     app.run(Request(req))
     return apache.OK

Then it returns nothing whatsoever.