[albatross-users] Albatross Macros and Form Elements

Gabriel Cooper gabriel.cooper at mediapulse.com
Thu Dec 4 08:02:02 EST 2003

Damien Elmes wrote:

>Gabriel Cooper <gabriel.cooper at mediapulse.com> writes:
>

>>I have a macro containing form elements, such as:
>>
>><al-macro name="form_text">
>><input type="text" name="<al-usearg value='name'>">
>></al-macro>
>>
>>but if it's just a normal input type it won't populate form information
>>automatically, so I swapped it to be an al-input:
>>

>I ran into something like this, if I understand you correctly. I
>ended up using a set variable prior to evaluating the macro

Thanks Damien, you were absolutely correct. I had looked into that but
had thought it hadn't worked since a rather obscure error popped up when
I tried it. The error turned out to be a documented bug in the version
of albatross I'm using, and now it works as expected! Thanks!

Before I go I have one extra question:

Why doesn't <al-expand> support the nameexpr attribute?

E.g.

<al-for expr="somearray" iter="row">
    <al-expand nameexpr="row.value()">
</al-for>