[albatross-users] Albatross Production Ready / Typical use?

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Tue Aug 26 07:01:04 EST 2003

We use albatross *a lot* on some very large sites.  Some very simple
sites, where we just use the template language to act as a SSI on
steriods, some very complex sites where I can't even imagine how I would
solve it in perl and without albatross.

The docs have improved 10-fold thanks to suggestions on this list and
the hard work of the guys at object craft.  Also, there is now a wiki up
with lots of good tips.  I think that the lack of questions recently is
due to the new docs and wiki, that and albatross is pretty stable.

I think the install base is pretty small compared to other options, but
this is true of python as well.  Albatross also is not the normal
template package most expect either, and requires some shift in thinking
to really use at it's best.

I wish I could name the sites we have done in albatross, but I'd need
clearance from work and clients :/

Mike