[albatross-users] SERVER_NAME vs HTTP_HOST?

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Sat Aug 16 18:54:38 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 13:47, Damien Elmes wrote:
> One problem I've run into is that I do testing via HTTP tunneling over
> ssh - the hostname I surf to isn't the SERVER_NAME which is used in
> request's get_uri().

Yes, the same thing happens with the httpdapp. I've been meaning to look
into it but completely forgot.

> The following change seems to correct the problem for me, but I do not
> know if it will have unintended consequences. Any thoughts?

I would think the patch is correct. Using SERVER_NAME probably breaks
things on a virtual host setup and behind a ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse
too.

Cheers, Matt

--
Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd