[albatross-users] minor httpdapp fix

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Fri Aug 15 21:19:25 EST 2003

I was discussing "Mutable default arguments" from "10 Python pitfalls"
(http://zephyrfalcon.org/labs/python_pitfalls.html) with a colleague
just the other day. The conversation went something like this:

        Him: Did you know about this?
        Me: Yes, it's a weird one isn't it. I don't do default arguments
        like that unless it's what I actually want.
        Him: Oh ok, what do you do instead?
        Me: I set the default argument to None and check inside the
        function. I've got an example here ...

At which point I opened up the albatross.httpdapp module, paged down to
HTTPServer.__init__() ... and discovered I'd done exactly the wrong
thing for the static_resources arg! Oops :$.

That code was in the httpapp patch I sent some time ago. I very much
doubt it would ever cause a problem but could you add the obvious fix
anyway.

Cheers, Matt

--
Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd