[albatross-users] how to play with the samples ?

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Thu Aug 7 22:15:41 EST 2003

> On Sun, 2003-07-27 at 21:40, vincent delft wrote:
> > I've downloaded the tar file.
> > But before install it I would like to test it. Thus
> > I've added Albatross-1.10 to my python path.
> > If I go to sample/extension, I can run cal.py and get
> > an html file with calandar (it's correct).
> >
> > BUT
> >
> > How to test it with al-hhtpd ?
>
> Sorry for the slow response, I've been on holiday for the last week :).
>
> There was a brief comment about how useful it might be if the
> samples ran under al-httpd some time ago. However, as Andrew
> mentioned, al-httpd (and the albatross.httpdapp module) are fairly
> new and the samples have not been changed, nor has there been any
> proper discussion about whether they should be changed.

I did do some initial reorganisation of the samples to allow most of
them to function under al-httpd.  I need to finish that work for the
next release and add a small chapter/section discussing the deployment
options.  The wiki page just added by Matt is an excellent start.

    http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/albatross/wiki/DeploymentOptions